When it comes to selling a home, getting top dollar is considered crucial for most owners. Being able to maximize the value of your home will help in the selling process. There are some key areas owners can focus on and this does not mean they have to break the bank to see increased values. With these tips, increasing your home’s value will be easier than you ever imagined.
Why Should You Increase Your Home’s Value?
Increasing your home’s value is going to help you in a few different ways. Not only does increasing the value help with the resale price, but it also increases your investment. The top priority when remodeling is making sure you achieve a high ROI (return on investment).
5 Key Areas You Should Focus on for Greater Home Value
Increasing the value of your home is not something you are going to be able to achieve overnight. You should not rush the process and it is advised you start with one room at a time. There are a few key areas that should be focused on.
- The number one focus of any remodeling project should be the kitchen. Potential buyers make a large portion of their decision based on the kitchen. If your kitchen is not up-to-date, now is the time to start investing in new appliances and features that will help your home’s value grow.
- Your plumbing and heating should also receive a major overhaul, especially if they are outdated. Having an energy efficient heater installed and new plumbing can make a big difference in the value of your home.
- Bathrooms are another area that faces criticism from buyers. Outdated bathrooms quickly bring home values down and make them difficult to sell. Updating your bathroom might seem overly expensive, but the returns on your investment will be beneficial.
- Believe it or not, simply coating your home with a fresh coat of paint inside and out can increase the value. This is not an expensive task, though it does require quite a bit of elbow grease. When painting, make sure to stick with neutral colors that will be attractive to all.
- A wise move for those who want to increase the value of their home is to hire a home inspector. A home inspector can come out and fully evaluate your home to determine if there are any repair issues. It wise to make this move if you plan on soon putting your home on the market.
Be Selective in Your Choices
The steps you take for increasing the value of your home will depend on whether you are planning on selling or simply increasing the value of your investment. If you are selling your home, choose upgrades that will be neutrally accepted by most buyers. Wide open space is preferred over compact obstructions.
There are many steps you can take to increase the value of your home. Start slowly and have a plan in mind from the very beginning so you will not stray from your objective. With the above tips, you will be able to see a dramatic increase in your home’s value, whether you choose to sell it or keep it for an investment.