Winter has come, and it brings along with it a lot more than just snow. There comes the major problem of damp and condensation in the homes of people. They have to literally prepare themselves for this tough battle every year. If damp is kept untreated, it will spread all over homes and properties, and will lead to serious health issues. These issues can be as serious as asthma and allergies.
These ‘dampening’ problems are more prevalent during the winters because of the prominent temperature difference between the external and internal temperatures. This, in turn, causes moisture to seep in through the windows and walls, creating serious damp issues for everyone at home. These issues are dry rot, wet rot, mould etc., and can affect the well-being of the entire family. This is why you should definitely hire efficient damp proofing services to save you from the damp demon. So, this winter, you can keep out the rising damp with Injecta Damp Course Company and likewise firms. With over 40 years of experience, this company is a specialist in damp proofing for all domestic, commercial, and industrial purposes. They offer professional and high quality woodworm, dry rot, re-plastering, and damp course treatments with satisfied customers all over.
Ways to protect your home against damp problems:
Damp problems can lead to quite a few serious issues. It can cause your building to crumble down by eating up the structural timber. And let’s not even get to the aesthetic factor; we all know how ugly damp can make your home look. But there’s nothing to get worried about, there’s always the option of hiring damp proof specialists. They shall provide you effective treatments tailored to your property. And, along with that, you can definitely follow the upcoming tips to keep out the damp:
- Ventilate: Proper ventilation is very crucial to keep the moisture away. You can prevent damp formation and condensation by allowing air to freely flow through your homes. Just make sure to keep the windows open slightly so as to let the warm air escape outside. And let in the cool winter air.
- Extractor fans: Keep in mind to take the help of extractor fans in especially humid areas like the kitchen and the bathroom. This helps to keep the moisture from building up in the attic, as the air is evacuated outside quite fast. Following this strategy will help you to avoid the moist air from reaching the other rooms. The other rooms are generally cooler and more likely to get affected.
- Heating: This is one of the most effective methods. You should use low levels of heat all day long instead of short bursts of high heat whenever you are present in the house. Also, you shouldn’t use kerosene heater as they are known to release as much as one litre of water every hour. Such high amounts of moisture should be avoided.
- Insulation/Draught proofing: By keeping out draughts and insulating the loft, the condensation and damp formation process can be effectively prevented. Draughts are a major criminal behind the birth of damp and should be blocked out at all times. But make sure that while you are proofing, you do not end up blocking permanent vents or rooms.
- Damp proofing: And last but not the least, you can effectively prevent damp penetration in our home by consulting a damp proof specialist. They will follow their own techniques and methods to take care of your damp issues. And most of the services come with years of guarantee.
So, these were the few simple steps that you can take up, in order to prevent damp from paying a visit this winter. You will be able to avoid any long term serious damages like mould, dry rot, wet rot etc. in your heavenly abode. And thus, keeping it a clean, happy, and healthy place to live.