You may have tried doing sit-ups and other exercises to reduce too much fat or skin on the tummy in vain, why not try a tummy tuck? A tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure that helps you flatten the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin on the stomach. Look for West Palm Beach tummy tuck clinics near you that offer the services at pocket-friendly prices.
Who should undergo a tummy tuck?
- A tummy tuck is recommended for both men and women in good health
- Women who have had several pregnancies and would love to have their abdominal muscles tightened
- A tummy tuck is suitable for people who are obese
- Suitable for people with excess skin and fat on their abdomen
Who should not go through the tummy tuck operation?
- Women planning to get pregnant should avoid the procedure as the surgery tighten the vertical muscles, and future pregnancies can separate the muscles
- A tummy tuck is not suitable for people planning to lose weight in the future as this is the last resort for after trying everything else
- People predisposed to the development of keloids should consult a scar placement doctor first to deal with the scaring from the surgery.
Benefits of a tummy tuck
- Reduces stress urinary incontinence
Women who have given vaginal birth are likely to develop stress urinary incontinence, women with this condition experience uncontrollable leakage of urine. When one sneezes, coughs, or laughs, they are likely to have urine leakage; the condition can cause stress to the patient. A surgeon can heal this condition by using soft tissues in the pelvic region to obstruct the bladder.
- Hernia correction
Organ hernia is when an organ pushed through the body muscles that are responsible for keeping it in place. A ventral hernia happens when the intestines protrude through the weakness in the abdominal walls causing pain and discomfort. People who have lost significant weight over a short time and women who have undergone C-section births are likely to develop a hernia. Moreover, people who have had a hernia in the past are likely to develop the condition, and the surgery might correct loose muscles. A Tummy tuck leads to stronger muscles that can hold the organs in place.
- Tummy tuck helps with weight loss
If you have been exercising without seeing any results, then a tummy tuck might be the last resort for your weight problems. Patients who have undergone surgery are tolerant to exercise, and it is hard for their bodies to regain the weight quickly, and it is easier to exercise.
- Improved posture and abdominal tone
Tummy tuck helps to tighten and tone the abdominal area, and a patient should also experience improved posture after the surgery. The procedure also helps to reduce back pain, which is related to obesity and lower the chances of getting lordosis.
Tummy tucks help patients to lose excess weight, gain a good posture and deal with some conditions such as hernia and urinary incontinence. The procedure, however, should be the last resort for people who have tried all other means of weight loss. Women who plan on getting pregnant again should not have a tummy tuck as the muscles on the stomach can be tightened, making the next pregnancies uncomfortable for the mother and baby.