The prospect of buying a house for you and your family can be very overwhelming, especially if you are buying it for the first time. Every man pictures himself with his family in a house where they are safe, healthy and happy. Buying a house is a long-term decision. As it is a big investment, it is important that you put a lot of thought while purchasing a house for yourself.
A perfect home is the one where you can feel secure even on the streets at any point of the day, where your work is accessible easily and where your children can get a perfect education. Picking a perfect house for you is not an easy task but actually quite a baffling one. There are certain factors to consider while you are on a look for a house. One of the major factors out of these is the location you live in.
The location where you live in affects you in a way you can’t even understand. It affects your lifestyle, your security and your standard of living.
How to choose a perfect location?
One should be very thorough while selecting a location for you and your family to live in. The process does not mean just having a look at your house and the street where your house is and selecting it. It is a very detailed and systematic thought process where you have to consider many factors.
You need to study a list of things before making a choice. Commuting to your workplace, the kind of schools the area has and how safe the neighborhood is, are just some of the basic factors to keep in mind.
You can ask your real estate agent to provide you with information about the place, its advantages, and disadvantages. For instance, if you are looking for a house in Perth’s western suburbs, we found this great article by Novus Homes which provide you with detailed information about the areas which you can compare in the western suburb, its population, schools, house pricing, and other basic necessities.
What are the factors to consider while selecting the perfect area/location of the house?
1. Occupation: Your occupation is what your livelihood depends upon. You and your family depend on the work you and your spouse do. Picking up an area which has very few jobs or no jobs in your area of expertise can be very daunting. It disturbs your career for sure, and also your way of living. If you are an entrepreneur, you should search about the availability and demand of your business, along with the competition. Even if you are not looking for a new job, you should prefer the place which is nearby your workplace, so that it is easy for you to commute on the daily basis.
2. Education: Your child’s future depends on the kind of education he has. You should always check the quality of schools in the area where you are planning to settle. A good school is the one which not only concentrates on the intellectual development of the children but also on the overall development like their personality and creativity. Shifting to an area where schools are not good can seem like putting your kid’s future in jeopardy.
3. Safety: Safety is number one priority while selecting the place to live in. Your children have to go to schools, to their friend’s places, to walk or jog, and many other activities and you will not just be able to live with fear in your hearts forever. You should be very careful to check the safety facts of the area. Choosing an area in which burglary and theft are very common can be very threatening for you and your family.
4. Services: Other than the basic necessities of your work, education, and safety, living in an area which provides you with all the basic services is also equally important. Visiting another city to run an errand or for shopping can seem very silly if you are planning to live there for a long-term. Basic services like grocery shopping, fashion shopping, availability of electricians and plumber and other important services are very important. Availability of medical facilities is another important factor to consider while selecting your home location.
5. Lifestyle: Your decision to live in a particular place can affect the lifestyle you already live in and can improve or it can go downhill as well. Your life is bound to change once you shift to a new place, but you should try and select a locality which a very close to your lifestyle and standard of living.