Tankless water heater helps you in providing an endless supply of hot water. You can get hot water without waiting from your storage tank for various purposes such as cooking, bathing, or laundry. The moment you turn on the faucet, tankless systems heat water instantly. It starts heating the water as soon as the unit senses that there is a demand for hot water. And the unit shuts off and stops using the energy when the demand for the hot water ceases.
This is one of the most convenient features of the tankless water heater than the traditional storage-tank water heaters. Previously, those traditional water heaters heat and reheat water continuously whether you need it or not. Moreover, they consume more power. But with this advanced technology, you can save up to 40% of energy. You can easily get water heater services from a plumber Alexandria, Winchester, and other surrounding areas.
With regular care and maintenance, most tankless water heaters have a life of around 20 years.
How a Tankless Water Heater Works?
Tankless water heaters are also named as instantaneous or on-demand water heaters. They are so-called by this name as they directly heat the water without the need to store it. A tankless water heater comes with a flow sensing device that gets activated whenever you open the hot water tap.
With a gas burner or electric element, the unit heats the water and directs the water wherever it’s required. As the hot water tap is turned off, the unit senses and shuts off the heating element.
Reasons to Choose a Tankless Water Heater
Here are the few benefits why to choose tankless water heater over conventional water heaters in many places of Northern Virginia, including Alexandria, Falls Church, Leesburg, Fairfax, Loudon:
- Smaller Size – Tankless water heater has a small size tank. Hence, flexibly fit in far more places.
- Lower Energy Usage – Utility costs are significantly reduced as heating through electricity or gas is done only when required.
Tankless Water Heater Service in Alexandria, VA
- Tankless Water Heater Installation – An experienced plumber in Alexandria can provide a reliable, long-lasting installation when you want to install a new tankless water heater or want to upgrade from a conventional model. These experts know all the necessary changes required for upgrading the gas service or installing new combustion air.
- Tankless Water Heater Replacement – Plumbing professionals and experts help to choose the best model for your home if you have an older tankless water heater that is due for replacement.
- Tankless Water Heater Maintenance – Tankless water heater could be operated properly by its annual service and inspection. This saves energy as well as sediment deposits.
Tankless water heaters proved to be one of the most mature, time-tested technologies that may have a high initial cost. This cost could be paid off with longer service life and lower utility costs. This advanced technology could be a great upgrade for many homes in Northern Virginia, including Alexandria, Falls Church, Leesburg, Fairfax, Loudon areas where there is a high demand for hot water.
Tankless water heater significantly uses less energy while providing a nearly unlimited hot water supply and heating the water as required instead of storing it in a tank.