If there were more people in the world who were aware of how they should clean out their roof gutters, there would be many less deaths and other injuries, as well as far less property damage that happened on a yearly basis. When it comes down to it, fall is going to be the season that you will need to make sure that your gutters have been cleaned out in order to prepare for the upcoming rainy and/or snowy season that is soon to appear. When the rainwater is unable to properly flow through your home or businesses’ gutter system and downspout, it is going to mean that there are going to be some very costly repairs coming your way in the near future due to excessive rainwater damage and even freezing.
Here is how you are going to be able to clean out your gutter system from Adelaide Outdoor Cleaning Solutions, making sure that you do so safely.
Always Be Sure That You Practice Ladder Safety
When it comes to cleaning out your gutters, there is a very good chance that they are going to be on your roof. Since there is also going to be a good chance that you are not 12′ tall, this means that you are going to need to use a ladder in order to get to your gutters to clean them. With that being said, here is what you need to know about practicing ladder safety.
- Always be sure that you inform somebody that you will be using a ladder before you actually use the ladder. On top of that, be sure to let them know that you will be using it to clean out your gutters.
- Only use a ladder that is both sturdy and safe. If you have any second thoughts about a ladder, consider it unsafe.
- Try not to use a wooden ladder as they are more than likely going to be very wobbly.
- Always be sure that you inspect any ladder you are planning on using for any type of defects or loose parts.
Be Sure You Use Your Hose
When it comes to cleaning out your gutters, there is not going to be a more effective tool than your garden hose. Here are some tips to maximize the efficiency that your garden hose can provide you with.
- Use a pistol grip trigger as your hoses spray nozzle. This allows you to adjust how much pressure is being applied with just one hand.
- The pistol grip trigger nozzle is also easy to hang over an edge while you move your ladder to a more convenient spot.
- You can easily find this type of spray nozzle at just about any type of hardware store on the planet.
Unclog Your Downspouts
One of the main reasons that water tends to backup within a gutter system is going to be because the downspouts have been clogged up with debris of some kind. With that being said, by unclogging your downspouts, you will then allow the water from the gutters to be drained much more easily.