Styling up your bedroom is a factor that many homeowners tend to somewhat overlook. There is, however, no dearth of classy decoration ideas – that can make your sleeping abode look really charming and attractive. In what follows, we will look at a few ways in which you can deck up your bedroom. Looking to lend some magic and style to your bedroom? There are ample opportunities to decorate your sleeping quarters in a chic and sophisticated manner – without having to shell out a lot of money. After all, a bedroom should always have a luxurious, dainty, mystic feel to it, right? Here’s how you can improve the interior decor of your bedroom, and get into a relaxed mood as you drop off to sleep:
- Paint the walls – Decorating the walls with photo frames, racks and large canvas prints is all very nice – but you need to paint the walls of your bedroom in proper shades first. A soothing green or a charming sea-blue can definitely contribute to the overall charm and style of bedrooms. Choose paints of optimal quality, to rule out the chances of the walls looking faded within a short time. If your kid(s) have a separate bedroom of their own, select bright-colored wall paints for it.
- Use classy wall hangings – Bare walls can never look beautiful – no matter how much you spend on painting them. Lend a distinct personal touch to your bedroom, by hanging a cozy family portrait right beside the bed stand. You can also go for exotic digital landscape photography as wall decorations, to lend a more natural feel to your sleeping abode. If you wish to bring some seaside magic in the bedroom, simply set up some beach scenes on canvas on one of the walls. Feast your eyes on these beautiful wall hangings, as you fall asleep. Relaxing to the core!
- Go for attractive lighting fixtures – Think beyond the boring tubes and bulbs – at least when it comes to the lighting arrangements in your bedroom! If your sleeping quarter is spacious enough, you can choose a central point (for example, the headboard of your bed), and go for accent lighting schemes. That would add a dramatic touch to your bedroom. Have table lamps with elegantly decorated shades – which would offer a grand combination of style and visibility. Don’t forget the good ol’ night lights either. If your bedroom is covered with lights of your favorite color – that can certainly get you in the mood!
- Set up a mirrored dressing table – Combs, creams and lotions, body oils, powder cans and puffs – these are some of the common bedroom accessories that you use before setting off to the dreamless, right? Stop leaving them lying about in a haphazard manner on your bed. Instead, have a nice, sturdy, wooden dressing-table, with a full-length mirror attached to it. Have trays on the dressing-table, where you can neatly arrange the everyday bedroom items. You can also buy small framed prints online in Australia, to stick on the sides of the dressing table.
- Make your bed properly everyday – Unmade beds not only look untidy – they can also bring down the overall hygiene levels of your bedroom by several notches. Clean your bedsheets and pillow covers regularly. Neatly pile up the blankets near the foot of the bed. You can also have a couple of extra, over-sized pillows on the bed – to make the latter look all the more inviting. If your bed has a divan-like arrangement, you will get storage benefits too.
Arrange for soft carpets on the floor of your bedroom, to enhance the luxurious feel of your sleeping quarter. Look up on the web to find out about the digital landscape photography items and other decorative pieces that would suit your bedroom the best. Deck up your bedroom – aesthetic pleasure is something that can really relax your mind and body!
Rickey is a professional interior decorator. He also writes regularly on the web, on the latest home decoration ideas and themes. In this piece, she discusses 5 ways in which readers can improve the interior decor of their bedrooms.